Your editor will pick up any inconsistencies and plot holes while also considering sentence construction, word choice, and characterisation.
Working closely with you, they will address any issues and offer suggestions for improvement. Grammar, punctuation & spelling are corrected.
You will then receive a line by line analysis of your manuscript with recommendations and advice.
Throughout the editorial process, you can video call with your editor, discuss the suggestions given, even get help with character development and scene-setting.
This service also includes assistance with writing blurbs, choosing the right cover, and how to market the finished masterpiece.
You've probably spent years pouring yourself into your book. Paid for editing. Agonised over social media. Taken a hundred different author photos. All to make you look as professional as possible. Don't let all that hard work go to waste because of an inconsistent margin or missing page break between chapters.
Formatting can be one of the trickiest parts of self-publishing and the one most indie authors would recommend outsourcing to a professional.
- Align and arrange title pages. Including dedication, copyright, and acknowledgements
- Add and link the table of contents to chapters (only required for ebooks)
- Embed fonts
- Consistent font size, line, and paragraph spacing
- Removal of all tabs and double spaces
- Formatting chapter breaks
- Sized to publication specifications
– Bleed options available for pictures. (eBook and paperback)
- Author’s name and book title within the header
- Dedicated page for numbering to start
- Stylised chapter beginnings
Ebook and paperback options available
Find out what it's like working with Scott Editorial from our writers.